Matcha is the product with the highest concentration of antioxidants available from natural sources, considered the fountain of youth. For example, it’s antioxidant properties greatly exceed those of berries or goji. Recent studies arrived at the conclusion that a coup of Matcha is the equivalent of 10 cups of green tea. My intent today is to give you two matcha green tea powder drink recipes that you can enjoy!
In the kitchen, it’s unique aroma, matcha powder is considered a great ingredient in many foods. It is considered to be the fifth taste after sweet, salty, sour and bitter. The use of Matcha powder is right for the main dishes as well as dessert. In this article, I will show you two great drinks that you can use alongside matcha.
The Two Matcha Green Tea Powder Drink Recipes
1. Matcha Ice Tea with Water Mellon
Who would’ve thought that watermelon can go well alongside green tea? Well, the sweet of the watermelon goes well with the astringency of green tea. If we add a few ice cubes we will obtain a drink that’s ideal!
Also, when we use matcha for drinks, it is not necessary to use a very high-quality powder because it’s subtleties will blend with the other ingredients you add, in our case with the watermelon. My recommendation is that you find a power that has been specially made for cooking.
We will need:
- 1 and ¾ cups of watermelon without seeds and cut into small pieces
- ½ a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea
- Ice cubes
What you need to do:
- In a bowl, we mix the matcha with water until the powder dissolves
- We put the pieces of watermelon in a blender and start blending
- In two glasses filled with ice, we will pour the watermelon juice than the matcha tea
2. Ice Tea Matcha With Moringa
There’s nothing more satisfying than a glass of cold tea on a hot sunny day. Today I will share with you a great matcha drink, using matcha green tea and moringa. It’s perfect for starting your mornings, take it out with you or surprise your guests.
Matcha tea with moringa has a vibrant green color and a creamy taste. Even if you are a tea expert or not and you’re at the beginning of your journey, this matcha tea will satisfy you for sure.
You will need:
- 4 grams of green tea matcha mixed with Moringa.
- Two glasses of cold water.
- Ice cubes.
- Fresh mint for decoration.
What you need to do:
- Put the matcha powder in a bowl
- Add some cold water and mix until the composition dissolves
- Pour the rest of the water and mix until it’s nicely mixed together with the rest
- Add ice to two glasses
- Pour the Matcha over the ice
- Add the fresh mint
Also for a plus in taste, we can add lemon slices or freshly shaved ginger. And for those who want a sweeter taste can add easily add some honey. I hoped you come to love these matcha green tea powder drink recipes as much as I do.