Teas with high caffeine are a good alternative for coffee as you probably already know. Tea not only wins because it’s much more healthy thanks to its antioxidants and compared to coffee it doesn’t deplete you of magnesium but it’s also so appreciated that it’s the second most consumed liquid in the World.
Here Are Some Teas with High Caffeine For Coffee Lovers
Tea has entered the folklore of many peoples, and the Chinese have dedicated a proverb that says everything about how much tea is enjoyed: “Go three days without food but never a day without tea.” Many types of research have been done to demonstrate how effective tea is, why we should drink tea and, especially, what tea we should be drinking.
But first, we need to figure out what it means to drink tea. If you imagine that tea is any herbal infusion, then you are wrong. Tea is a plant itself and classified into several types: white tea, green tea, black tea, etc.
It is grown mainly in China and Japan, but as this infusion of tea spread all over the globe, the plant also grows in Brazil, Argentina, in tropical and subtropical areas. Extremely demanding, extremely attractive, the plant itself lies at the heart of an entire industry.
But how good is it for our health?
Differences between green tea and black tea
How does green tea differ from black than color? First, by way of obtaining it.
Green tea is produced by two methods. The traditional Japanese method prepares green tea by exposing the leaves to steam. The Chinese method creates tea by cooking dry in the pan.
To prevent the oxidation process, tea shall be treated within two days of harvesting, and so the plant gives us that delicate pale green color. The hot air to which the leaves of the plant are exposed causes the fermentation process not to occur.
Unlike green tea, black tea is processed by completely oxidizing the leaves before they are dried. When the oxidation process is complete, the leaves heat up and are sorted by quality. The black color of the leaves is given by the full oxidation of the plant.
In Japan, the Kamakura period, a monk named Eisai highlights in 1211 the beneficial effects of green tea in his book “Keeping Health through Tea”: “Tea is a miracle medicine to maintain health. Tea has an extraordinary power of prolonging life.
“Everywhere a person cultivates tea will have a long life.” But we have been accustomed to listening to science and the studies made by researchers before believing some people. Science is always much closer to the truth.
The beneficial effects of tea with caffeine.
Green and black tea prevents and treats many diseases, with significant medical value. Green tea is considered to have more benefits than black tea, and its delicate flavor, perhaps the most sensitive of all teas, is highly appreciated.
Green tea contains very little caffeine, being the least risky classic tea under high consumption conditions. In fact, this distinguishes it from black tea: the caffeine content. Caffeine is the one that makes the difference, most of the time.
Green tea contains fluorine, and the risk of cavities decreases dramatically by about 50%. The most noticeable and most desirable effect is the revitalization of the body, the fight against drowsiness, fatigue. Green tea is truly an incredible plant, which we should take advantage of as much as possible.
But let’s not forget about the other tea: black tea. We have to admit that black tea has more caffeine than green tea, but its content is lower than that of coffee. It is true that this makes it much more attractive. Stimulating effects are more noticeable. However, black tea is an excellent protector of the body against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Those who have low blood pressure are hypotensive, should drink this tea because it is a magnificent pacemaker. Excellent in digestive problems, black tea must be incredibly loved by women: being a fat emulsion, it helps a lot in regulating body weight.
Do you have kidney problems? Black tea has a diuretic action and alongside the green one is highly appreciated in these cases. Both green tea and black tea are rich in vitamins and minerals. Among these, the most important are vitamin C.
Consuming daily two to three cups, there is a significant supply of vitamins like B1, B2, B6, folic acid. Replace the coffee with green tea or black tea at any time. Both are healthier, and your body can take advantage of them.
Effects of excessive drinking of tea with high caffeine levels.
- You could say that any tea, green or black, must also have contraindications. It is normal. Hypertensive should not consume in excess. Do not forget; the tea contains caffeine.
- Green tea does not have much caffeine; it has even the slightest amount of caffeine. Hypertensive can drink one cup a day, on condition: ask your cardiologist if they allow you.
- Lately, more and more people, especially young people, have problems with calcium intake. In these cases, it is best to avoid black tea. It contains the largest amount of caffeine.
- People who have calcium problems feel weak after drinking black tea. And if at that time the calcium is at the lower limit, it may have dizziness or, more seriously, the sensations that precede the loss of consciousness.
- However, do not get around the teas. They have a lot of beneficial effects. There are real pharmacies, and our body can benefit from what they offer us. Stop for a few minutes and enjoy this drink.
- But never forget: do not overdo it. Extremes are always dangerous for body and soul. Turn the tea of tea into a lifetime experience, at a time of calm, calm and relaxation.
Strongly recommend teas with high caffeine.
Zest Energy Tea – Cinnamon Apple Black High Caffeine Tea
Zest Energy Tea - Cinnamon Apple Black High Caffeine Tea - As Much Caffeine Per Bag As Coffee (20 Tea Sachets)(50 Grams)
- VOTED TOP NEW TEA PRODUCT - Named Top New Product at the 2015 World Tea Expo. Zest Tea was chosen for its unique energy characteristics (first tea product with as much caffeine as coffee) as well as its bold and exciting flavors.
- AS MUCH CAFFEINE AS COFFEE - Each bag contains as much natural caffeine as coffee; 140 - 160 mg per cup; 3x the energy levels of of traditional caffeinated teas. This makes Zest the strongest tea on the market!
- PACKED WITH AMINO ACIDS - Including L-Theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to boost cognitive function when in combination with caffeine and help reduce the jitters and crash commonly associated with caffeinated products. The end result is a steady and prolonged alertness.
- PERFECT COFFEE SUBSTITUTE - Zest Teas are a delicious and healthy alternative to coffee. With Zest you avoid the jitters and crash of coffee, and the product is perfect for individuals who suffer from indigestion or similar side effects of coffee.
- PREMIUM NON-GMO INGREDIENTS: South Indian Flower Orange Pekoe Black Tea, Cinnamon Chips, Apple Pieces, Cinnamon Flavor, Apple Flavor, Natural Tea Extract
This tea is exactly what I was hoping for. It has a great taste (I drink my tea plain, no milk or sugar) and I love to sip it on the way to work in the morning. I can tell there’s enough caffeine to give me the morning wake-up I’m looking for. The teabags are high-quality mesh (not cheap paper) and sleep very well.
- AS MUCH CAFFEINE AS COFFEE – Each bag contains as much natural caffeine as coffee; 140 – 160 mg per cup; 3x the energy levels of-of traditional caffeinated teas. This makes Zest the strongest tea on the market!
The Republic Of Tea Hicaf Cinnamon Toast Black Tea
The Republic Of Tea HiCAF Cinnamon Toast Black Tea, 50 Tea Bags, Premium Blended High-Caffeine Black Tea
- A Coffee Lover's Delight: Gourmet fine black tea, natural green tea extract, and pure caffeine are blended to create this delicious coffee alternative.
- Featured in USA Today: Famous for its exquisite aroma and unmatched flavor, HiCaf Cinnamon Toast Black Tea was selected in USA Today's Fancy Food Show.
- High-Caffeine: This black tea contains 116 mg of caffeine, compared to coffee's average of 100 mg of caffeine.
- Finest Ingredients: Made with black tea, stevia, green tea extract, cinnamon, natural caramel and apple flavors, natural bitter almond, toasted rice and cinnamon flavors.
- Health Benefits: It may smell like a filling breakfast, but this blended black tea is Gluten-Free, Sugar Free, and Carb Free.
This tea tastes amazing! I usually have to add sugar to my black teas to cut the bitter taste, but this tea has no bitterness and, if you’re like me and forget about your tea steeping, it only gets a slight bitterness but is still quite enjoyable to drink without any sugar. On top of the great taste is the wonderfully high caffeine. I’m not a coffee drinker, but needed something stronger than regular tea to get me going I’m the early mornings, and this sure does the trick.
- High-Caffeine: This black tea contains 116 mg of caffeine, compared to coffee’s average of 100 mg of caffeine.